Now, more than ever, due to the global pandemic, it is essential to ensure that the shipping company you select meets all your criteria to ensure that your goods will be delivered in a timely manner.
Gathering information on the following basic points can help you determine if a shipping company will be able to meet your needs:
- Make sure the company offers a variety of options when it comes to receiving points and shipping gateway alternatives. Due to the pandemic, some governments have put in place emergency measures to prevent the spread of the virus. In China, for example, strict lockdowns of entire cities can be put in place, affecting the entire supply chain of your products. Having different gateways is essential to mitigate delays and avoid losing customers along the way.
- Check frequencies and transit times to each rendered destination. During the pandemic context, air activity was compromised, therefore volumes to mobilize freight were affected. Considering this, it is important to know if the service provider you select can promise the flight frequency. For example, if you schedule trips once a week, the quality of service may be limited. It is important to ensure that you have different line transport solutions. Another key point is that the service provider can show some flexibility in the face of unforeseen events. And knowing that even if there are cancellations, new measures or adverse weather conditions, they will be ready to find new solutions that could easily adapt to your business.
- Scalability, e-commerce is a business that is growing exponentially every day. One day you may determine that you will only ship 1,000 packages per month and you may soon find yourself with much higher demand. It is important to know how to choose a partner with the capacity to cover small and large shipments – ensuring that your business can grow without notice and knowing that the logistics will not be damaged. A good way to avoid a negative result is to choose a multi-operator provider. This means that you will be able to access alternative carriers, and, if one of them is unable to cover the particular circumstances, another can take over, but the delivery of all your products will be guaranteed. So you should ask yourself: is my growth jeopardized if I choose a supplier who is not ready?
- Do they provide local customer service? Can they provide real-time responses to buyers? One thing we are sure of is that buyers are becoming more and more demanding. Numerous studies have shown that there is great dissatisfaction when customer service is difficult to reach and it has also been found that people feel more comfortable when this contact is in the same territory and in the same language. It’s important that your chosen supply chain provider can offer high-quality customer service with 24/7 tracking visibility of each package’s progress.
- What level of service do you need, what level of service based on item value should you choose to stay competitive? Can you afford a POD? Another important question when choosing a logistics partner is knowing your business and its potential. The volume, value and weight of each product are different, that’s why the shipping solution can’t always be the same. Being able to choose from a range of services is important to ensure your product sells and the cost is not exceeded by the distribution price. Therefore, it is important that your supplier has a range of solutions with different price and quality levels. In this way, more sales are ensured and shipping costs do not become an obstacle.
- Do they have experience shipping to all necessary locations? how long have they been in the market and therefore how well do they know it? Are they present in the destinations where you ship? Or do they outsource to third parties? It is essential to find a local carrier or a simple solid intermediary where you are shipping. It’s always best to choose a supplier you can trust, who has been in business for a long time and has a good track record.
- Cover. It is important that the company has coverage in different regions. This will allow you to integrate new destinations using the same provider.
- Do they have state-of-the-art package tracking and information processing? Digitizing supply chains allows a business to successfully execute an omnichannel fulfillment strategy and ship packages competitively. Shippers who use the latest technologies allow them to be in constant contact with each of the links from the origin to the destination of the transported material, therefore, they are able to obtain an immense amount of information about each of the shipments . It is important that shippers have a unique and efficient supply chain ecosystem that can meet the needs of each of their customers. The ability to continuously analyze data enables rapid changes to delivery systems should the need arise. Having transparent shipping data immediately is key to your business success.
A shipping partner will have a big impact on your day-to-day services and it’s clear that the efficiency of your shipping partner will reflect on your business – the faster and safer you can deliver your goods, the happier your customers will be. and thus improve the bottom line.
To simplify your work, it is better that you find a company that can meet all your needs. Selecting a shipping company that offers shipping logistics alternatives for each of its customers’ markets will improve the delivery of goods. And, of course, you want to be sure that your goods are not only delivered in a cost-effective and timely manner, but that they are also handled correctly.
Selecting a carrier is one of the most important decisions you will make to help grow your business and brand perception. Knowing that your shipping provider values honest, open and reliable communication is essential to a great partnership. The vast majority of people will judge your business by how the product is handled/delivered. It’s important to take the time to thoroughly research your options, as a highly experienced shipping partner can save you a lot of money over time and help you showcase your business.
We hope the questions we’ve provided help you select the shipping partner who can create tailored solutions for your business.